Are your arms not looking as toned as you would like? The trick to shedding arm fat fast is to do compound movements that recruit multiple muscles. So instead of basic bicep curls and shoulder presses, try these exercises designed to help you get firmer, toner arms. We recommend completing three sets two to four days a week for the best results.
- Inchworm: This is a great full-body exercise to help you warm up. Start in a standing position, feet hip-width apart. Bend over and touch the floor with both hands. Next, with straight legs and an engaged core, walk your hands out in front of you. Pause in plank position, and then walk your hands back toward your feet and stand up. Complete three sets of 12 reps before moving on to the remaining arm exercises below.
- Alternating arm raises: Stand tall, feet hip-width apart, with a dumbbell in each hand. With your palms facing down, simultaneously raise one arm in front of you and the other out to the side, both to shoulder height. Return to the start. That’s one rep. Repeat with the opposite arms, alternating sides for a total of 16 reps.
- The Arnold: Stand tall, feet hip-width apart, with a dumbbell in each hand. Curl the weights to shoulder height, then rotate your hands, so your palms face forward. Next, press the dumbbells toward the ceiling until your arms are straight. Then, reverse the movement back to the start position. Repeat 15 times.
- Upright rows: Stand tall, feet two inches apart, with a dumbbell in each hand. With your palms facing you, pull your hands straight up toward your chest. Your elbows should go out and up. Hold for one second and then slowly lower to the start position. Repeat 15 to 20 times.
- Band pull-aparts: Stand tall with your feet together. Grasp a resistance band with both hands, arms raised to shoulder level in front of you. Pull your hands apart, squeezing your shoulder blades together. Hold for a deep breath, and then slowly return to the start position. Repeat 20 times.
- Rows with tricep kickbacks: Hold a dumbbell in your right hand and place your left knee and hand on a bench. Bend your right elbow to lift the weight next to your chest with a flat back and engaged core. Then, straighten your arm behind you until your arm is straight and parallel to the floor. Reverse the movement back to the start position. Complete 15 reps, and then repeat on the other side.
When you’re ready to get toned from head to toe, including your arms, visit Wellbridge Athletic Clubs. We’ll help you take your fitness regimen to a whole new level, with indoor and outdoor pools, personal training sessions, cycling classes, and much more.