Are you looking for ways to up the ante on your workouts? If you currently exercise solo, now could be a great time to consider signing up for a group fitness class. It’s a more immersive experience than exercising alone, which you may find quite stimulating. Here’s why group workouts could be the right choice for you.
- Feel more motivated: Showing up is the first, and sometimes the hardest, part of a workout. If you exercise alone whenever it suits you, it’s far too easy to slip back into bad habits. However, having scheduled class times or planning to meet someone to work out together holds you accountable, so you’re more likely to stick to your fitness goals.
- Work out harder and better than you do alone: If you’re naturally competitive, exercising with other people is bound to help you do your best. For example, you might ordinarily stop at 20 reps if you’re working out alone, but when you see those around you powering through to 30, you may discover a level of strength and endurance you never knew you had.
- Boost your confidence and self-esteem: Group fitness classes are a judgment-free zone. You can expect to feel more confident as you keep attending classes and start seeing improvements in how you look and feel. Participants support and encourage one another, which can prove to be an important part of your body image and self-esteem during your journey toward a healthier, fitter you.
- Make new friends: Group workouts aren’t just about physically improving yourself; they also provide social benefits. Whether you attend a fitness class alone or bring someone with you, you’re bound to meet like-minded people who care about their health and wellness. Over time, every fitness class member starts to feel like part of a tight-knit community.
- Release more endorphins: While solo workouts produce plenty of endorphins (resulting in a feeling sometimes called a “runner’s high”), group exercise can do you one better. After all, smiling at a group of friends you’re meeting for a fitness class increases endorphin levels, as does congratulating each other at the end of a great workout.
- Have fun: There’s no denying that working out with a group is more fun than working out alone. Classes might also involve exercising to upbeat music, which is an instant mood-booster. And if everyone knows the words, you can sing along together, improving your mindset even more!
At Wellbridge Athletic Clubs, we know that fitness isn’t one-size-fits-all. That’s why we offer hundreds of group classes, including yoga, Pilates, cardio, and endurance. In addition, many classes are accompanied by music, and all of them will challenge and motivate you to push your boundaries. So whether you want to try an array of workouts or find that “can’t-miss” group class to add to your weekly routine, our talented and inspiring instructors will keep you coming back for more.