Swim Team will begin Monday, May 16 and will run through the end of July. By submitting this registration I acknowledge my child’s interest in participation however my payment will confirm their spot on the team.
Start Dates and Pricing
|Begins May 16|
|$325 first child|
|$200 second child|
|$100 third child|
|May 16-28||Beginning June 1|
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are the age requirements for my child?
A: CAC members ages 5-18 years old are welcome to become Marlins swimmers. They must be able to swim the length of a 25-meter pool to participate.
Q: Why should my child swim?
A: There are many benefits to getting your child involved in competitive swimming, including:
• Swimming promotes physical development, develops aerobic endurance and is one of the most beneficial forms of cardiovascular exercise. Swimming enhances a child’s natural flexibility and promotes muscle development. Swimming develops superior coordination.
• Swimming is a sport that will bring children fitness and enjoyment for life.
• Swimming is an important safety skill for young children.
Q: What is the swim team and why would I want my child to participate?
A: It’s fun! Our swimmers work together at practices, encourage each other at meets, and have a blast at social events throughout the summer. While there won’t be a Metro League this season, we know how beneficial the camaraderie, commitment and friendly competition is to your kids.
Q: What strokes do the swimmers use in competition?
A: Freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, and butterfly.
Q: What to wear?
A: Swimmers will proudly wear Marlins swimsuits, caps and sweats. Uniform attire can be found here.
● Proper swim practice attire. Baggy shorts or ’beach wear’ are not acceptable.
● Goggles are not mandatory, but highly recommended and not provided by my the coaching staff.
● Swim Cap – for swimmers with hair that may impact their swimming
Q: I see that there are different age groups for the swimmers. How does that work?
A: Groups will be determined by number of team participants at the start of the 2022 season
Q: What is an assessment and what should I expect?
A: An assessment is an evaluation done by our coaching staff which will help us place the swimmer in the group that will match their age and ability level. Each swimmer is different and may or may not be ready, swim team is not a “learn to swim” program. The assessment will last about 10 minutes. Swimmers should be ready to swim with a swimsuit, goggles, and a towel.
Covid-19 Protocol for swim practices
• Swimmers and parents will have their temperature checked at the gate before swimmers enter the outdoor pool
• Masks must be worn on the swim deck at all times
• Parents cannot be on deck or in the club during practice
• There will be a maximum of 4 swimmers per lane with markers for distancing
• Towels will not be provided
• There will be access to the junior locker rooms for restroom use
• Swimmers must bring their own water bottles. Water fountains are not available
• Protocols may change with the status of Covid-19 regulations governed by the state