You know exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle, but do you know why? Experts recommend people get, on average, about 150 minutes of exercise each week, which works out to 20-30 minutes per day. But what is the benefit of a daily workout? We have a list for you.
- Exercise can elevate your mood. Regular exercise has been proven to decrease feelings of depression, stress, and anxiety. This is because exercise changes the brain’s parts that regulate stress increases brain sensitivity for serotonin and norepinephrine, and increases endorphin production.
- Exercise helps with weight loss. When you exercise regularly, your metabolic rate increases, helping you burn more calories. Additionally, aerobic exercise combined with resistance training helps maximize fat loss while promoting maintenance of muscle mass.
- Regular physical activity helps build and maintain strong muscles and bones. By releasing hormones that promote your muscles’ ability to absorb amino acids, exercise helps muscles grow and reduces their breakdown. Exercise also helps build bone density, which can help prevent osteoporosis.
- Exercise boosts your energy. This is true for healthy people as well as those suffering from serious illnesses.
- Regular exercise can reduce the risk of chronic disease. Consistent exercise improves insulin sensitivity and cardiovascular fitness, and body composition while decreasing blood pressure and blood fat levels.
- Exercise improves your skin. Your skin can be damaged by oxidative stress, but regular, moderate exercise increases your body’s production of natural antioxidants. It also stimulates blood flow, which can help delay the signs of aging.
- Your brain health can be improved with exercise. Regular exercise improves blood flow to the brain. It also stimulates the production of hormones that enhance brain cell growth, helping the hippocampus grow. Also, by preventing chronic disease, exercise benefits your brain. Among older adults, exercise helps protect mental function.
- You’ll sleep better if you exercise regularly. Regular exercise helps people relax and sleep more soundly, and it can alleviate insomnia. It promotes a higher quality of sleep, which can help you feel energized during the day.
- Exercise can reduce pain. In fact, exercise reduces chronic pain and raises pain tolerance, and reduces the perception of pain.
- When you exercise, you can improve your sex life. By strengthening the cardiovascular system, improving flexibility, boosting circulation, and toning muscles, exercise can improve sexual performance and pleasure and increase its frequency.
A consistent exercise routine is an important part of a healthy lifestyle, and finding the right place to exercise makes it easy to maintain that routine. When you walk into one of the Wellbridge Family of Athletic Clubs, you’ll know you’ve found your home away from home. Our friendly team will greet you before you’re challenged and motivated by top-notch instructors in our fitness classes. World-class trainers are the heart of our club, and we stay up-to-date with the latest in health and wellness. You’ll make new friends because you belong here. Join today or contact us to learn more.
$0 Enrollment when you join by December 15