As the weather gets colder, motivation to work out can be harder to find. Staying in bed on a chilly morning or curling up under a blanket after work may be tempting, but it’s important to keep moving throughout the winter, to help protect against colds, flus, and weight gain. If you really don’t feel you can venture outside or to the fitness club, we’ve got some great workouts you can do from the comfort of your own home.
- Yoga is easy to do just about anywhere. First thing in the morning, you can use yoga to help get your body warmed up for the day. Last thing at night, yoga can help you relax and settle down to sleep. If you want to do something warm in the cold weather, find a studio that offers hot yoga, where the air will be at least 87 degrees.
- A cardio workout can sub for a run. If frigid temperatures have you mourning the loss of your runner’s high, get your heart pumping inside with exercises like climbing stairs, jumping jacks, mountain climbers, burpees, high knees, and jumping rope.
- Playing with your kids and pets can burn off calories. It’s easy for everyone to get a little stir crazy when winter has the family stuck indoors. A family dance off or friendly game of hide and seek can be great for having fun together and elevating your heart rate.
- Go old school with some calisthenics. Calisthenics are bodyweight exercises, long used by the military to keep soldiers healthy and strong. They don’t require special equipment, and doing three or four of the following exercises three times a week will keep you growing stronger all winter long.
- Leg Lifts
- Chair dips
- Calf raises
- Check out our Virtual Club. We offer hundreds of virtual classes with top fitness professionals, to help you stay on your game even if you can’t make it out your door. It’s not quite as good as being there, but it can bridge the gap until you can come back to the welcoming environment of our clubs.
When you’re trying to reach your fitness goals, a supportive environment can enhance the experience. At the Wellbridge Family of Athletic Clubs, we offer world-class training that keeps up-to-date with the latest in health and wellness. At our clubs, you’ll be greeted by our friendly team before you’re challenged and motivated by top-notch instructors in our fitness classes. You’ll make new friends because you belong here. Join today or contact us to learn more.