It’s been a challenging year so far, and we’re thrilled to be open again. If there’s one thing this year has taught us, though, it’s the importance of keeping your routines flexible. You can’t always get to the fitness club, but that doesn’t mean you can’t always stay fit. Here, we offer some helpful tips for maintaining a strong fitness routine even if you’re under quarantine.
- Go outside for a walk. It’s the simplest way to get fresh air and exercise, whether you’re walking, hiking, jogging, or going for a run. Keep your routine fresh, mapping out different routes for each day of exercise, and setting goals for yourself. Make sure you’re social distancing, wear a mask if you’re around people, and wash your hands as soon as you get home.
- Feel the burn of a bodyweight workout. Strength training works your muscles and burns fat, but you don’t need a weight set to get strong. Instead, use your own body weight, doing exercises like squats, push-ups, lunges, planks, and jumping jacks to help you sculpt a better physique.
- Challenge yourself. Find a fitness challenge that appeals to you and works with your goals. Whether it’s an ab challenge, lunge challenge, push-up challenge, or something else entirely, you’ll be surprised at the process you make in a fairly short time.
- Get an app for that. There are tons of fitness apps available, offering full workouts that allow you to turn your home into a virtual fitness club. Some apps even offer personalized workout plans and let you track your progress so you can see how far you’ve come.
- Bring the club home. Online classes from your favorite fitness club aren’t as good as being there, but they fill the void while you have to stay away. Our Virtual Club meets this need and is free to our members.
- Try something new. There are so many different ways to exercise, it’s not hard to find something you’ve never done before. Maybe it’s yoga, maybe it’s Pilates, or maybe it’s just a new aerobic routine or walking trail, but keeping it fresh is one great way to keep from getting bored when you can’t get to the club.
When you walk into one of the Wellbridge Family of Athletic Clubs, you’ll know you’ve found your home away from home. You’ll be greeted by our friendly team before you’re challenged and motivated by top-notch instructors in our fitness classes. World-class trainers are the heart of our club, and we stay up to date with the latest in health and wellness. You’ll make new friends because you belong here. Join today or contact us to learn more.
Your first workout is on us!