Cold and flu season is almost upon us, and this year it’s more important than ever to raise your immunity to illness. How do you accomplish this? By packing your diet with nutrient-dense foods like fruits, vegetables, healthy fats, and plant-based proteins. One of the easiest ways to add extra nutrition to your diet is with healthy smoothies like the ones we’ve collected for you here!
- The New Year Green Smoothie: Kale brings the powerful nutritional punch, while apple juice tempers the taste with soothing sweetness. Frozen blueberries keep it cold and add a bit of bite, and ginger gives a little kick to every sip.
- Frothy Chilly Fruit Smoothies: Are these smoothies or creamy, fruity milkshakes? Frozen strawberries and peaches keep it cold, bananas make it thick, while milk and custard yogurt give it a creamy, smooth texture. This delicious recipe serves four and is ready in under 10 minutes.
- Orange Resolution Smoothies: This recipe makes eight smoothies and is packed with taste bud-blasting flavors. It’s packed with just about every orange food you can name, from mangoes to orange juice to carrots, and drinking it will wake you up and leave you feeling refreshed. Best of all, it only takes five minutes to make!
- Kiss of Kale Smoothie: Many people have trouble with the taste of kale, but there’s no denying that it’s a superfood. It’s a great source of nutrients like fiber, vitamin K, vitamin A, and vitamin C, and it has cancer-fighting, detoxifying properties. Even if you’ve disliked kale in the past, it’s worth giving this smoothie a chance. You’ll be amazed at how tasty it is when kale is mixed with fruit and honey.
- Power Smoothies: There’s a lot of room for creativity when you’re crafting a healthy smoothie. Start with juice, add in yogurt, toss in some fruit, and jazz it up with additions like flaxseed oil, vanilla extract, and honey. You’ll find plenty of inspiration in this recipe for power smoothies.
Loading up your diet with nutrients gets you ready to live your best life, and when you walk into one of the Wellbridge Family of Athletic Clubs, you’ll know you’ve found your home away from home. You’ll be greeted by our friendly team before you’re challenged and motivated by top-notch instructors in our fitness classes. World-class trainers are the heart of our club, and we stay up to date with the latest in health and wellness. You’ll make new friends because you belong here. Join today or contact us to learn more.
Your first workout is on us!