Q: What are the club hours?
A: Club hours have been changed during this initial opening. We look forward to re-considering these hours as we open up further amenities and services. The hours of the club are located here.
Q: Is club access available to all members?
A: Yes. All NMSW members are invited to utilize any NMSW club at no additional membership charge. We do ask that all members follow the State & Local guidelines for safety and health. If you have questions or concerns regarding please contact the club.
Q: Why are you checking temperatures?
A: While we are happy we can have the club available for your fitness and wellness, we are demonstrating caution in all of our operations. A fever has been documented as a common symptom of COVID-19 and is something simple to test for without medical associates and without the need for any data collection. The CDC considers a person to have a fever when he or she has a measured temperature greater than 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit.
Q: What is the standard procedure for temperature checks?
A: Members will be greeted before entering the club to have their temperature checked via a touchless digital thermometer.
- The associate taking your temperature will be wearing proper PPE including mask and gloves
- The temperature will be ready within seconds
- Temperatures at or below 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit are welcome to proceed with check in.
Q: What does the check-in process look like?
A: In order to ensure safe club capacity and proper distancing upon arrival, we are implementing a Workout reservation system via our MotionVibe application. Use of the App is required to gain entrance to the club at this time. For instructions on downloading this app, please click here.
- Reserve a time block for general club usage to control total club capacity
- Time blocks will be scheduled in :30 min. blocks for a maximum of two hours (until further notice)
- Spacing for check-in will be marked on the floor for social distancing of six feet apart
- Hospitality desk associate will confirm reservation (and can also reserve time if there is space available)
- Check-in will be a touchless system
- Once your check in is complete we request you sanitize your hands before using the club
Q: How are you handling June dues billing?
A: We were happy to re-open all other Sports & Wellness locations on Tuesday, June 2! With that opening, we welcome back all of our members. For those that continued to be able to support the club financially through our temporary closure; thank you, and Welcome back! No further action is needed on your behalf.
For those that are excited to return but have not yet been able to pay their monthly dues, your billing cycle will begin upon your first visit to the club. If you choose to stay on leave during this time, we will resume your normal billing upon your return to the club, or for our July billing cycle.
Q: What are you doing to make the club clean and safe?
A: We have trained on and implemented the following robust sanitation protocols:
- Associates will be required to wear masks and gloves
- We are asking all members who wish to use the club to commit to member safety
- Associates will be continuously sanitizing and disinfecting all surfaces including equipment
- Electrostatic gun technology will be implemented to thoroughly clean and disinfect the entire club, daily
- We will increase the availability of sanitizing gel, disinfectant bottles and equipment wipes
- We are labeling the club floors for distancing and traffic flow
Q: What happens with my monthly dues billing upon your re-opening?
A: With our re-opening we will re-start our normal billing cycle.
Q: If I choose to stay on a complimentary leave in June, can I visit the club?
A: We are happy to offer the choice for you to stay on leave however, we will plan to resume your normal billing upon your return to the club.
Q: Will the locker rooms be available and if so, what changes will be made to ensure the safety of your members?
A: Minimal locker room amenities will be available during Phase I of re-opening. Saunas, hot tubs, steam rooms and showers will remain closed during this time. Towel service will not be initially provided.
Q: What changes are being made on the fitness floor to keep members safe?
A: We are implementing the following guidelines on our fitness floor:
- For proper distancing, we will be using every other piece of cardio equipment
- For your safety, hard to clean, small apparatus (bands, porous mats, foam rollers, etc.) will not be available during this initial phase
- Disinfectant spray bottles and towels will be available for all members to clean equipment during weight workouts
- Dedicated associates are being added for increased cleaning of the cardio and weight equipment during prime times.
- Club associates will be monitoring social distancing guidelines and assisting with equipment sanitation
Q: Will water fountains be available for use?
A: The touchless “bottle fill” option will still be available for your convenience. Don’t forget to bring your own water bottle. If you forgot your water, the Hospitality Desk will have bottled water available for club charge.
Q: Will Personal Training be available?
A: Yes, Personal Training will be available. Your trainer will take care of your workout reservation on the day(s) of your training sessions. Additional time, before or after your training, will be reserved to accommodate your routine (up to two hours including your exercise time).
Q: What precautions are Personal Trainers taking to ensure the safety of their clients?
A: Personal Trainers will have their temperature taken daily, prior to entering the club, and will be wearing a mask and gloves at all times. Trainer and client will consistently maintain proper distancing.
Q: What are the enhanced guidelines for a Personal Training session?
A: Guidelines for all training sessions include:
- Trainer and client will be maintaining proper distancing
- Member will set up their own equipment per Trainer’s direction
- If Trainer assistance is needed for set up, the equipment will be disinfected by the Trainer before the session starts
- Trainer will assist with all equipment cleaning that is utilized by the member
- Fitness Desk pens will be sanitized for signing the signature card before and after use
- Trainers will disinfect computer keyboards before and after each use
Q: Is remote training available for those who don’t feel comfortable coming into the club?
A: Yes, remote training is available.
Q: Will the tennis courts be available for use?
A: YES! We are excited to provide tennis during Phase I with the following guidelines:
- Members only – due to additional sanitizing and focus on spacing, guests are not permitted at this time
- Singles play is recommended – However, as there are no State or CDC limitations known, if you wish to play doubles we ask that participants wear a glove on their dominant hand to reduce the chance for germ transfer
- Reservations can be made up two days prior, for up to 90-minutes of play.
- Additional tennis best practices can be found here.
Q: What changes will we see in regards to tennis matches, ball machines, and lessons/clinics?
A: This is not available in Phase I. However, any changes are made will be done to ensure proper social distancing and safety for our members and Pros:
- Group Clinics will consist of no more than 4 players + Pro
- Singles and Doubles are available by reservation for 1 ½ hours, up to 48 hours in advance through our MotionVibe App. Click here to download App. You may also download the app via Google Play or the Apple Store.
- All lessons/clinics will be paid via club charge or credit card only (handled by member). No cash handling
- We will not be changing ends during play
- Avoid touching gates and fences. Gates should remain latched
- All programming needs to factor in social distancing
- No pre or post game gatherings or socials
- Tables and chairs/benches around courts will be unavailable to ensure proper distancing
Q: Will studio classes be available?
A: In club studio fitness classes are not currently available. We are offering complimentary Les Mills On Demand through July 31. We are also offering Studio Live classes for at home workouts with your favorite instructors. We are also happy to continue to offer our Virtual Club during this time.
- Swimming – We are happy to offer lap swimming during this initial phase. Book your lane today via our club app . To ensure proper rinsing for our lap swim users we will have rinse showers available to start. However, there will be minimal lockers and locker room amenities available during Phase I of re-opening. Towels, Saunas, hot tubs, steam rooms will remain restricted at this time.
Q: Will your Racquetball/Handball courts be open?
A: Racquetball/Handball courts will not be immediately available. However, we look forward to offering this amenity in the near future.
Q: Will you be offering Massage?
A: Massage will not be available in phase one of our reopening.
We appreciate your response to our recent survey. With the continued, yet temporary, change in Downtown Albuquerque’s workplace traffic, Downtown Sports & Wellness is going to delay its re-opening.
But, don’t worry! You can still get your workout on at any of our 4 other Albuquerque locations.
We know you will love our other locations and you may even see George, Josefina and some of our other amazing teammates there!
Thank you for your membership.
See you in the city soon,
You NMSW-Downtown Re-opening Team
Click to close