Summer Smoothie Ideas
Summer is here! It’s a great time to change up your exercise routine, and generally shake out the cobwebs. Summer smoothies are delicious and refreshing, packed full of nutrient-dense fruits and vegetables that can help boost your energy, aid your immune system, and even protect against seasonal allergies. Ready for some recipes? Here are a few of our faves.
- Apple, banana and cinnamon: To make this sweet treat, chop a banana and a sweet red apple, blend with plain yogurt, and add a dash of cinnamon. If it’s too thick, you can add some milk but make sure to check and see if it needs more cinnamon afterwards.
- Beetroot, honey and ginger: For fiber, vitamin C, and antioxidants, you can’t beat this colorful smoothie. Blend fresh, peeled, chopped beetroot with banana, grated ginger and honey. To thicken it, add crushed ice, and if you want an extra kick, splash in some fresh blood orange juice.
- Avocado, spinach, apple and chia: Blend avocado, spinach, chopped green apple, banana, a splash of honey for sweetness, and crunchy chia seeds on top.
- Blueberry, banana, and almond milk: Dairy-free, delicious, thick, and beautifully purple, this smoothie blends tart blueberries, banana, and almond or peanut butter, with a little bit of almond milk.
- Carrot, banana and pineapple: This golden, sweet drink is not just delicious, it’s also good for you. Blend peeled carrots, for energy and immune support, with banana for potassium, allergy-fighting pineapple, and plenty of ginger and turmeric for their antioxidant effects.
- Cranberry and berry: Do you think of tart cranberries as more of a fall food? They’re extremely good for you and delicious when mixed with frozen berries and a frozen banana. To thin the mixture, add freshly squeezed orange juice.
- Blackberry and vanilla: This indulgent tasting smoothie is a little bit complicated, so check out the recipe here.
- Coconut milk and mango: For a fresh, smooth, tropical smoothie, use fresh or frozen mango and coconut milk, finished with some mint and fresh grated coconut.
- Dragon fruit and raspberry: Chop dragon fruit and blend it with raspberries, coconut water, freshly squeezed orange juice and some grated ginger for a beautiful, delicious smoothie that’s also an antioxidant powerhouse.
- White peach and raspberry: Sweet white peaches, blended with frozen raspberries, are delicious whether thickened with banana or thinned with almond milk.
At our clubs, you’ll be greeted by our friendly team before you’re challenged and motivated by top-notch instructors in our fitness classes. You’ll make new friends because you belong here. Join today or contact us to learn more.