Nutrition – Margherita Roasted Green Beans
by Rachel Maser cleanfoodcrush.com
Just because we mentioned nutrition doesn’t mean you should stop reading. If anyone is going to stick to a healthier lifestyle, it had better be fun, rewarding and realistic. Who doesn’t like a Margherita pizza? See, we already have your attention.
Now check out this recipe so you can enjoy all of those Italian flavors, but still turn up the health factor a tad. Just look at the photo! Margherita Roasted Green Beans has to be tasty.
• 1-1/2 lbs green beans, ends trimmed
• 2 cups marinara sauce or crushed tomatoes
• 1 Tbsp olive oil
• 2-3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
• Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
• 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
• Optional Topping: chopped fresh basil leaves
First, Blanch your Green Beans:
1) Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and prepare a large bowl with ice water next to it.
2) Once the water starts boiling, add in the green beans and boil for just 3-4 minutes, or until slightly softened yet still tender-crisp.
3) Using tongs or a large slotted spoon, quickly transfer your blanched green beans into the ice water. Allow them to bathe in the ice water for a minute or two, then drain very well and set aside.
4) Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 425 degrees f. Lightly spray or brush an oven-safe dish with cooking oil.
5) In a large bowl add the blanched beans, marinara sauce, oil, garlic, a pinch of sea salt and pepper. Toss very well to coat all the green beans.
6) Transfer your green beans to the prepared dish using a rubber spatula to get all of the sauce.
7) Roast for 15 minutes, or until the beans are tender and the sauce is bubbly.
8) Remove from the oven and top with your mozzarella cheese.
9) Return to the oven and broil for about 4 minutes, or until the cheese is melty and golden browned.
10) Sprinkle with fresh basil leaves if desired.
11) Enjoy immediately. (Feeds six)
© 2022 CleanFoodCrush® LLC 2014-2022 – Rachel Maser – CleanFoodCrush.com
With clubs across the nation, Wellbridge continues to lead when it comes to providing members with an unmatched health club experience.