Q: What are the club hours?
A: Club hours have been changed during this initial opening. We look forward to re-considering these hours as we open up further amenities and services. The hours of the club are located here.
Q: Is club access available to all members?
A: Yes, all members are invited back to the club. We do ask that all members follow the State & Local guidelines for safety and health. If you have questions or concerns regarding please contact the club.
Q: Why are you checking temperatures?
A: While we are happy we can have the club available for your fitness and wellness, we are demonstrating caution in all of our operations. A fever has been documented as a common symptom of COVID-19 and is something simple to test for without medical associates and without the need for any data collection. The CDC considers a person to have a fever when he or she has a measured temperature greater than 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit.
Q: What is the standard procedure for temperature checks?
A: Members will be greeted before entering the club to have their temperature checked via a touchless digital thermometer.
- The associate taking your temperature will be wearing proper PPE including mask and gloves
- The temperature will be ready within seconds
- Temperatures at or below 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit are welcome to proceed with check in.
Q: What does the check-in process look like?
A: In order to ensure safe club capacity and proper distancing upon arrival, we are implementing a Workout reservation system via our MotionVibe application. Use of the App is required to gain entrance to the club at this time. For instructions on downloading this app, please click here.
- Reserve a time block for general club usage to control total club capacity
- Time blocks will be scheduled in :30 min. blocks for a maximum of two hours (until further notice)
- Spacing for check-in will be marked on the floor for social distancing of six feet apart
- Hospitality desk associate will confirm reservation (and can also reserve time if there is space available)
- Check-in will be a touchless system
- Once your check in is complete we request you sanitize your hands before using the club
Q: How are you handling June dues billing?
A: We were happy to re-open on Saturday, June 20! With that opening, we welcome back all of our members. For those that continued to be able to support the club financially through our temporary closure; thank you, and Welcome back! No further action is needed on your behalf.
For those that are excited to return but have not yet been able to pay their monthly dues, your billing cycle will begin upon your first visit to the club. You will be charged a prorated amount for the number of days remaining in June.
If, for any reason you need to continue your Leave of Absence in June please click here to submit that request. If you choose to stay on leave during this time, we will resume your normal billing upon your return to the club, or for our July billing cycle.
While you were away from the club, we were working to improve our monthly billing process. Beginning July 1, we will now charge you at the beginning of each month for that month’s membership dues. This simplifies the process for both you and our teammates so we can spend more time serving you in the club.
Q: What are you doing to make the club clean and safe?
A: We have trained on and implemented the following robust sanitation protocols:
- Associates will be required to wear masks and gloves
- We are asking all members who wish to use the club to commit to member safety
- Associates will be continuously sanitizing and disinfecting all surfaces including equipment
- Electrostatic gun technology will be implemented to thoroughly clean and disinfect the entire club, daily
- We will increase the availability of sanitizing gel, disinfectant bottles and equipment wipes
- We are labeling the club floors for distancing and traffic flow
Q: If I choose to stay on a complimentary leave in June, can I visit the club?
A: We are happy to offer the choice for you to stay on leave however, we will plan to resume your normal billing upon your return to the club.
Q: Will the locker rooms be available and if so, what changes will be made to ensure the safety of your members?
A: Minimal locker room amenities will be available during Phase I of re-opening. Showers, saunas, hot tubs, steam rooms will remain closed during this time.
Q: What changes are being made on the fitness floor to keep members safe?
A: We are implementing the following guidelines on our fitness floor:
- For proper distancing, we will be using every other piece of cardio equipment
- For your safety, hard to clean, small apparatus (bands, porous mats, foam rollers, etc.) will not be available during this initial phase
- Disinfectant spray bottles and towels will be available for all members to clean equipment during weight workouts
- Dedicated associates are being added for increased cleaning of the cardio and weight equipment during prime times.
- Club associates will be monitoring social distancing guidelines and assisting with equipment sanitation
Q: Will water fountains be available for use?
A: The touchless “bottle fill” option will still be available for your convenience. Don’t forget to bring your own water bottle. If you forgot your water, the Hospitality Desk will have bottled water available for club charge.
Q: Will Personal Training be available?
A: Yes, Personal Training will be available. Your trainer will take care of your workout reservation on the day(s) of your training sessions. Additional time, before or after your training, will be reserved to accommodate your routine (up to two hours including your exercise time).
Q: What precautions are Personal Trainers taking to ensure the safety of their clients?
A: Personal Trainers will have their temperature taken daily, prior to entering the club, and will be wearing a mask and gloves at all times. Trainer and client will consistently maintain proper distancing.
Q: What are the enhanced guidelines for a Personal Training session?
A: Guidelines for all training sessions include:
- Trainer and client will be maintaining proper distancing
- Member will set up their own equipment per Trainer’s direction
- If Trainer assistance is needed for set up, the equipment will be disinfected by the Trainer before the session starts
- Trainer will assist with all equipment cleaning that is utilized by the member
- Fitness Desk pens will be sanitized for signing the signature card before and after use
- Trainers will disinfect computer keyboards before and after each use
Q: Is remote training available for those who don’t feel comfortable coming into the club?
A: We are working on having remote training available. Stay tuned for more information.
Q: Will studio classes be available?
A: Studio fitness classes will be available in a limited capacity, gradually adding more classes. Reservations will be needed using our club app.
Q: Will your childcare be open?
A: Kidsports will be open Monday-Saturday, 9-11AM for ages 7-11 only. Reservations will be necessary.
- Nursery will be open Monday-Saturday 9AM-12PM for ages 3-6 only. Reservations will v necessary
Q: Will your Basketball courts be open?
A: We are still waiting for details of amenities that we can safely open during this phase of recovery.
Q: Will your Racquetball/Handball courts be open?
A: Yes, however it will be limited to singles play. Reservations are recommended.
Q: Will you be offering Massage?
A: We are still waiting for details of amenities that we can safely open during this phase of recovery
Not quite ready to join us at the club? Our Virtual Club will inspire you!
After months of challenging times, we are happy to share some great news! Governor Hogan has provided guidance and the timeline for athletic clubs to re-open. We have been preparing and are ready to exceed State, County and CDC requirements.
We have quite a few updates to share with you on the work we have done to welcome you back safe and healthy. Please check out the details of our safety protocols and our Member’s Commitment to social responsibility. A few highlights include:
• Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for associates
• New sanitation procedures and teammate position modifications for increased member service
• To ensure proper distancing and capacity, you will now reserve your workout time, class, or swim lane using our convenient Club App (powered by MotionVibe)
• Entry temperature checks for associates and members
• Club flow mapping and room capacity limits for proper social distancing
• Please note that based on local regulations as well as international best practices and guidelines, certain features or areas of the club are temporarily unavailable until Phase II or III:
:: Locker rooms including showers, saunas and whirlpools
:: Towel Service
:: Water Fountains…but bring your water bottle for touchless filling stations
:: Kidsports will be open Monday-Saturday, 9-11AM for ages 7-11 only. Reservations will be necessary.
:: Nursery will be open Monday-Saturday 9AM-12PM for ages 3-6 only. Reservations will be necessary
Yes, there will be changes, but we will be safe, healthy and together soon. We are excited to see you. We will have a few important updates for you via email and our website. Be on the lookout in the coming days but first, we had to say SEE You Soon.
#belairathleticclub #inspirefitness #strongertogether #exerciseisessential
Your Bel Air Athletic Club Re-opening Team
Click to close